Saturday 25 July 2009

SILLY THINGS

Yes this is a finger post for a public footpath. One that was acquired quite legitimately as Mike retrieved it from a skip at work, along with the lovely sign on the gate.






Rather hidden by the foliage yes it is another finger post for a public footpath.

I am fond of the little water fountain and I love the sound of trickling water but actually the silly thing is the mushroom in the pot on the right. I found them at Columbia Road market when I went earlier in the year.

Another one here very realistic looking they are ceramic.

The last but not least.

I also found the little metal birds at the market and they were very cheap. The green ball was a gift and sometimes it is difficult to find the right place to put them. We will ignore the self sown lavatera in the alpine sink.

8 comments:

  1. Love the footpath signs and gate sign. Funny how one person's waste is another's treasure. We have begun our lives as skip divers now ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm working on acquiring more silly things for my yard. Whimsy brings smiles to faces -- and we need more smiles in our lives!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I do agree that its the silly things that brighten up our lives.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those types of things in the garden, it gives it character.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for your comments I quite agree the silly things make us smile.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love little bijoux things like that. Especially your gate notice. That is so cool! Val

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the mushrooms.

    It's years since I went to Columbia road market.

    Ah, how I could handle the early morning hustle and bustle.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hiya Joanne,
    I love bits and pieces throughout the garden. In our own it is often a case of "Shall we throw this out or keep it?" and then it stays around and mellows/rusts nicely.

    Now, I am talking old Z-beds and triangular baths in bright yellow. Your collection seems far more artistic and acceptable. I still remember your silk anemone :-)

    ReplyDelete