Wednesday 8 July 2009

HAMPTON COURT ONE

I had a lovely time today at Hampton Court RHS show. The weather was ok not too hot and just the occasional shower.
As you can see I started off trying to take a representative selection of photos but it soon becomes clear that the plants and planting are what interests me rather than the architectural design. From many comments I overheard from the public, that seemed to be the consensus. The judges of course live on a different plain!

I played around with camera settings but for these I gave up and put on automatic. I still need more practice and understanding of camera settings.

I will let you whizz through and judge for yourself what you think of the show. Click on the pictures to enlarge hopefully.















9 comments:

  1. I am SOOOOOO jealous! Hampton Court is one of my favorite places! Oh how I would love to go back!!! I would have given anything to have gone with you!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for showing so many beautiful pictures! I would've been in heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What great pictures - thanks for the tour.I love that cloche and the sub-tropical garden especially.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a time you must have had looking at all of those wonderful gardens. My mouth would have been hanging open all day. Someday I'm going to make it to the Chelsea Flower Show. It's on my bucket list - it's also on my Blotanical list LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoyed your tour Joanne. Thank you :) Better cool and the odd shower than last week's heatwave for both plants and visitors. I am looking forward to tonight's television coverage of the show.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Joanne

    Thanks for the tour. I wish I was going to the show. I shall settle down to an hour of it in front of the telly, ce soir.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Joanne, almost as good as being there. It would be untruthful to say the architecture and idea gardens have much appeal, show us the flowers, pots and sheds! Love the edible round shallow container, and the wildflower square.
    Frances

    ReplyDelete
  8. Joanne I totally agree with you about the planting being more important than garden design. I am posting mine in stages like you, as I took almost 200 photo's, some of mine are sure to be like yours, or similar.
    Lovely photo's thanks for sharing, and I am so glad you had decent weather.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for all your lovely comments Part two will be soon but I seem so behind with blogging and gardening at present.

    ReplyDelete