Friday 8 January 2010

PHOTO EXPERIMENTING 1

The sky was so interesting when I walked Beth yesterday I had to go back and get my camera . The sun was going down behind the trees so I decided to experiment with settings and where better to record this than on my blog
The first setting was Automatic (A ) ISO 80 Av 3.2 Tv 1/60
A ISO 80 Av 3.2 Tv 1/60

A ISO 100 Av 2.8 Tv 1/60

A ISO 160 Av2.8 Tv 1/60

A ISO 100 Av2.8 Tv 1/60

Manual (M) ISO 200 Av 4.5 Tv 1/100

M ISO 80 Av 4.5 Tv 1/20

M ISO 100 Av 4.5 Tv 1/20

M ISO 100 Av 4.5 Tv 1/20

M ISO 200 Av 4.5 Tv 1/20

M ISO 200 Av 4.5 Tv 1/40
M ISO 200 Av 4.5 Tv 1/40

M ISO 200 Av 4.5 Tv 1/80
M ISO 200 Av 4.5 Tv 1/30

A Iso 200 Av 2.8 Tv 1/60

A ISO 160 Av 2.8 Tv 1/60

M ISO 200 Av 4.5 Tv 1/30
Well not absolutely sure what I have learnt but hope this will be a useful reference for me.
I don't think the blueness is to do with the ISO perhaps it is the size of the Aperture any suggestions?
Wonderful what you can do with a digital camera and how it can influence the mood of the picture that's before even attempting to use a photo editing program.

8 comments:

  1. I love the experiment... now you can make the tree glow!! Fun to play and experiment. ~bangchik

    ReplyDelete
  2. I usually always take photos on automatic and leave the more complicated setting to my husband :-) Whatever setting you used, I am struck by the winter beauty of your surroundings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderland.... After seeing only green around here, it is so nice to walk in your white forest.
    The shots with the red sun are fabulous. Thank you Joanne!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Joanne,
    You got beautiful shots! I spent some time today practicing with different settings on my camera and reading a few tutorials today.I think I learned a few new things but practice makes perfect(I hope)!
    carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the pictures of the sun peeking through the trees!
    did Beth help?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those beautful pictures will be perfect for future references - that must be an excellent way of learning.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd just love to be able to mess about with settings but it all seems so complicated. My new Christmas camera has lots of pre set settings e.g. snow that I have made good use of but I also like to play around with the photos on the computer using Photoshop, There are tweaks that allow you to remove colour casts e.g. blue if you want to!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Green Lane Allotments thanks for the advice, I did eventually realise I had white balance on the wrong setting and someone suggested I try taking them in RAW and changing on the computer but for now I want to try and get the hang of my camera a little. I have tried some of the pre settings one in particular was for grren foliage but I did not like the results. I am sure it will take me a long time although now I am retired it is an interesting project.

    ReplyDelete