Wednesday 8 June 2016

VIDEO OF JOANNE'S COTTAGE GARDEN IN JUNE





Just some of the plants I couldn't remember the names of as I walked around the garden.

Eucryphia Lucida to the right of the first steps a photo of it in flower is on http://joanne-orangecottages.blogspot.co.uk/2009/06/trees-in-my-garden.html 

Eucryphia Nymansensis Nymansay   http://joanne-orangecottages.blogspot.co.uk/2009/07/from-hydrangea-to-eucryphia.html

Hoheria http://joanne-orangecottages.blogspot.co.uk/2009/07/hoheria-flowering-july.html 

Apologies for the light aircraft  but no apology for the bird song.

Cecile Brunner rose not as I described it as Mademoiselle  Cecile Brunner 

The dwarf Box - Buxus sempervirens Suffruticosa  were all grown from cuttings from two plants over a period of three years. The other side of the garden were grown from the ordinary hedgeing box before I realised the difference also over about three years. Of 500 cuttings taken the first year of each variety of box plants I lost about three of each variety during the winter.

Mayor of Casterbridge  pink rose on a tripod next to the Sweet Juliet rose and between Sweet Juliet and Noble Anthony. 

Blush rambler grows in the pear tree.

Wadas Primrose is the clematis that grows up one Gleditsia tree.

Aviateur Bleriot is the  yellow rambler rose growing over the arch.

My garden is always in a state of flux, it is a working garden and never up to show piece standards, but gardening is for fun and probably reflects my personality. The video is amateur to say the least my daughter calls it Vlogging perhaps I should improve with practice.

5 comments:

  1. Enjoyed the video of your wonderful gardens. Love all of your roses growing in your veggie garden.

    Happy Gardening ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know how you keep up with all that gardening work. My back can't take it anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing, Joanne. Love the sound of the great tits. Interesting to see what other people grow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so enjoyed your video and like to see more of your garden. I think you did it very well. Enjoyed also hearing your discriptions of various plants. Wow! you have a lovely garden.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for posting this video of your beautiful garden. A working garden is so much more interesting than a showpiece. I love looking at other people's cuttings and what they are experimenting with! A quintessential English garden in summer... Very much appreciated as we are in the depths of winter here in New Zealand. Many thanks, rachel.

    ReplyDelete