Tuesday 21 June 2016

EARLY JUNE IN THE GARDEN ROSES CLEMATIS AND VEGETABLES



Cornus Kousa Chinensis gives a wonderful display and because these are bracts they last so much longer than flowers.


             Rosa Officinalis left foreground, Rambling Rector on the fence left bottom.


                                                                                    Left Francine Austin, Cornelia, Cecile Brunner, Cornelia and Francine Austin. The first three are grown from cuttings and strike very easily. The pink in the left foreground is Cottage rose which I have also managed to take cuttings from.


Looking across the garden with the woods in the background.



Looking diagonally up the garden with Crocus rose left foreground Sweet Juliet above that which grows so sturdily we use the tripods to support it. Bottom right is a sneak peak of Falstaff. With Parsnips, carrots and broad beans.


Another glimpse at a slightly different angle with Francis E Lester Rambler in the left background.


Rambling Rector with Clematis Pink Fantasy.








 Goldfinch rose in the hedge above Marie Boisselot left and Josephine clematis.


Veilchenblau rambler with two flowers on my  Carpenteria California and mock orange to the right of that.


Veilchenblau with clematis Perle d'azur clematis scrambling through it.


Another view of  Rambler Goldfinch.

I decided to post these photos at this size because enlarging them seems to loose the detail or definition with the small blooms.


4 comments:

  1. It is wonderful to see your gardens filled with such beautiful roses. Such a treat.

    Thanks for sharing ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have crammed so much into your plot that it is a delight for the eyes and the senses I am sure. I can see that you have spent a lot of time out there and it does you credit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ps I just read your side panel about Lyme Disease. Very interesting and I'm glad to hear you have improved. I had similar symptoms back in 2003/4 and finally got diagnosed with Guillame Barre Syndrome. You might want to add that to your list! I have always been allergic to mosquito bites and believe that the syndrome I experienced was as a result of one of those bites, on my leg. In the last two years my allergy seems to have disappeared! I cannot explain why. It is a mystery.

    ReplyDelete
  4. One very-very lovely garden!

    ReplyDelete