Saturday 27 July 2013

COME INTO THE BACK GARDEN AND SEE THE FLOWERS IN EARLY JULY.


Out into the back garden through the hanging baskets in the porch.


A view along the terrace.


and a view back.


A backwards glance going down the first lot of steps


The Hosta bed before it was ravaged by slugs and snails


A glance up at the roses and clematis on the fence along the terrace.


A Carpinteria California shrub a lovely evergreen shrub for a sunny protected corner.


Rose Vielchenblau with the woods in the background a lovely borrowed landscape.


A shady corner at it's best in spring and early summer.


A new arch to replace the ones mike used to make now we are neither of us getting any younger plus stone dog in memory of Beth very much missing in the garden.


Cornelia rose and Francine Austin rose both flowering much better attached to stakes.


Most of the photos are a glance back because the sun is in front of me and so not so easy to get a good shot down the garden.


The Delphiniums have been lovely but some very very tall so must split and re plant next year. Broad beans in the right hand bed.


Runner and climbing beans just starting to get going, with Sweat Juliet rose on the left, so large we tie it into a tripod.


A view across the bottom of the garden with the Gleditsia on the right.


Rose Francis E Lester such a delight and making an even more beautiful display in my neighbours apple tree behind.


The lower arch fell apart but as the Gleditsia trees make their own arch we decided not to replace this one. Rambling Rector rose on the right.


Tomatoes, cucumbers and peppers.


My potting and nursery area.


Back up the garden to the middle steps with Rose Aviater Bleriot.


19 comments:

  1. It's all so beautiful!!! I could spend some time in there just looking at everything. It must be a real joy to visit every day.

    FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Flower Lady pity we can't smell the flowers through Blogger!

      Delete
  2. Great to see pics from your garden! New arch looks good and stable.
    Gods peace
    Ann-sofie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ann-sofie yes I am pleased with the arch the old ones made of rustic canes were nice but only lasted a couple of years and needed re doing at least this will last a while longer.

      Delete
  3. Completely in love with your beautiful garden... so much work you have done!!! Congrats
    hugs from chile

    ReplyDelete
  4. Joanne, I love your garden! Happy, colorful, interesting, inviting, peaceful...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tatyana so nice to see 'old'friends comment on my blog I spent a while looking up old blogs recently and was surprised to see how many had stopped blogging the few left pop up on my dashboard for a fleeting glimpse but as you may remember my time blogging is spent on my Lyme Disease blog in the hope that it helps others avoid years of un necessary ill health and suffering.
      Although I don't update my garden blog much I still spend a lot of time in the garden.

      Delete
  5. Thank you Maria - the camera is kind there is so much that needs doing and never enough time but it is a great joy for me to be able to garden without pain and disability having recovered well from Lyme Disease.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing your beautiful garden! I´m in winter here in my country and you cheer me up in this grey and cold day.I´ve already told you , your garden is an inspiration for me. besos. Lilián.-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lillian that is the nice thing about Garden blogs we can enjoy the garden in photos in those bleak winter days.

      Delete
  7. This is the most beautiful real cottage garden I have seen in a long time. There is so much to see, love your new arch, the Cornelia rose but also the other roses. The beautiful Gleditsia 'Sunburst', your greenhouse and so on. I suppose you have a lot of work in this garden, but so satisfying.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you Janneke and what a beautifull garden you have with some lovely roses and clematis a woman after my own heart.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for visiting my Rose blog, Joanne. I find your garden heavenly! So lush and beautiful! And i so enjoyed seeing photos of Francis E Lester - the 'mother' of my favourite rose 'Lyda Rose'.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hadn't heard of Lida Rose so had a Google search that is a good way to see roses and sometimes even see one on there from my own blog Lol! but not Lid here they are https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=lYda+rose&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=bUj1UcvwDpOYhQe6vYGQDQ&ved=0CC8QsAQ&biw=1024&bih=727

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for a lovely blog, it really inspiring. I am about to make one myself but most of my time goes in the garden.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a beautiful place. Your garden is perfect. The perfect place to sit and relax.
    Greetings, Ela

    ReplyDelete
  13. We could be twins, for this is my garden. Every rose you mentioned I have in my garden..how funny. Please join me on my garden blog.
    judyscottagegarden.blogspot.com Your garden is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Judy thanks for your lovely comment I will pop by and have a proper look at your garden soon.

    ReplyDelete
  15. So much fun to go back to July. Thank you.~~Dee

    ReplyDelete