Saturday 6 June 2015

CLEMATIS CELEBRATION


There is always room for just one more clematis they can be hidden in the hedge or fence and then when they flower what a wonderful sight. Above is Pink Fantasy.


A closer look at Pink Fantasy


and even closer. It benefits by being in a bit of shade so that the sun doesn't bleach out the stripes.


This is such a treat I bought this many years ago and managed to take a cutting before the original plant died. It has taken many years to develop but this year there have been several flowers. These are exposed to lots of sun and so the petals are bleached. I think it is William Kennett.


Wadas Primrose a very early flowering large clematis.


Mrs N Thompson a real delight especially in a dark corner.


On the sunnier side of the arch is Clematis Rebecca performing very well.


More of Rebecca


Nelly Moser from a cutting fills a space on the fence.


Josephine


Marie Boisselot


A closer look at Marie Boisselot


Belle of Woking


Belle of Woking is quite a vigorous clematis.


Niobe rather hidden this year but such a lovely deep colour.


Somewhere to enjoy several of my clematis not just those behind the seat.


Ville de Lyon which I thought I'd lost by accidentally pruning too hard, so a welcome treat to see it this year.

Just some of the joys of June.

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures! Such a luscious garden to spend time just sitting, observing, and relaxing! I have grown a burgundy clematis before up a pole topped with a birdhouse, it was very pretty but as soon as the hot Texas sun and humidity came, it couldn't take it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful display, they don't do well in my garden. I do have a tiny alpine Clematis in my Alpine house, it's not in flower but when it is I will post it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Morning from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in the US, You have such beautiful gardens, thank you for taking the time to share them with the world!

    I have always been inspired by English gardens and gardeners. My gardens are composed primarily of plants native to the Northeast of the US. I have been learning about gardens of our countries Founders. The Philadelphia was and is an epicenter for gardening here.

    I learned that hundreds of plants native to this country were shipped to England. Are there any American plants that are considered favorites? I often see eccinechoa ( coneflower) in images.

    I do have a silly question. In English gardens formal and informal and in historic gardens here I often see garden beds outlined with a hedge or a hedge like flower. The Mt. Vernon gardens even have a hedge around the kitchen gardens. I love the look and am wondering if there is a reason for it other than aesthetic?

    Thank you again for sharing your garden?

    Georgia Cinq-Mars

    ReplyDelete