Sunday 20 June 2021

Front garden flowers


Gertrude Jekyll Rose started flowering before most of my other roses and came out a very cerise pink.



A lovely cistus which tends to be lower growing and was in the garden when we moved here 40 years ago, this is one of many cuttings.



White rose Francine Austin with Jayne Austin peach just starting to flower and bright pink cerise cystus in the foreground. The red rose is a cutting from Nanny's rose.



Francine Austin is magnificent this year.




A later photo of Gertrude Jekyll now the flowers are much paler but then we had days of strong sun.



 The perennial red poppy with the first rose  of Sophie's rose red outside the window.


It has been my pleasure to watch the plants in the front garden come into bloom.


I was diagnosed with Triple Negative Breast cancer in January followed by a mastectomy and then four rounds of Chemotherapy. The chemo has been horrendous so I have been unable to do anything in the garden and Mike is doing a wonderful job of taking care of things. My last chemo was just over a week ago so it will be at least another week before I start to improve.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Joanne,
    Good to see you are managing to post some photos of your wonderful garden. Looks like Mike has been doing a good job for you.

    Take care my friend.

    millions of hugs

    Alison

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joanne, it's fun to see your front yard flowers. I used to grow 'Gertrude Jekyll.' She was that lovely shade of pink in the spring and yes, lighter when she bloomed in summer. We had the longest spring in history here in Oklahoma. I'm glad to finally see the sunshine.~~Dee

    ReplyDelete