Sunday 28 April 2019

MERROW WARD, RSCH - THANK YOU FOR YOUR CARE.



Home to Merrow at last.

This post is to thank the staff on Merrow Ward RSCH for my care last week whilst suffering with a rather nasty case of Pneumonia, plus a viral infection.

The care from all the staff was exemplary. I was most impressed. Two nurses I especially want to thank, one I thanked in person who was a shining light on my darkest nights in early illness, the other for her cheary companionship as she tended to my needs - I hope your little rose bushes thrive and give you as much pleasure as my roses give me.



The wallflowers were a colourful welcome on my arrival home.


This lovely Wisteria was grown from seed from a blue one we lost, I was delighted to see it is thriving and one I hope to keep as a standard bush.


The Myrtle tree between a Choisya and rose often gets overlooked but it is a treat to find it in flower. I grow it in memory of my mum who loved Myrtle so much it was in her wedding bouquet.


Lovely Montana Mayleen greated me through the back door with Coronilla Glauca Citrina still flowering beneath it.


 A walk around the garden.


Choisya ternata White Dazzler flowering well despite hard pruning last year.





Acer shirasawanum 'Aureum' also known as golden Shirasawa maple is one of the best yellow- leaved Japanese maples.



The last of the Camellia





Hostas beginning to grow.



Delphinium plants thriving, fortunately I had staked them just before getting poorly.




Mike has been busy with the vegetables.



Sweet peas and strawberry plants growing well.



Nursery plants and agapanthus waiting to be fed and moved around the garden.




Surplus sweet peas and lettuce waiting for a new home.


Tomato plants thriving.



Not many weeks now before my May garden looks like this.



Mike has done a wonderful job in the garden keeping all the seedlings going, a task I usually do, as well as all the many other jobs in the garden and dog walking Meg.

I look forward to the day when those who struggle with chronic Lyme Disease which is known for being a persistent infection are treated as well as I have been last week. My Lyme symptoms abated and fingers crossed don't return too quickly, after the massive tritherapy antibiotics needed to treat my Pneumonia.

For anyone interested in what forward thinking doctors and veterinarians are sharing about vector borne diseases including Lyme Disease look at charity website
 http://www.visavissymposiums.org/

1 comment:

  1. So sorry to read that you've been unwell but glad you are home again. And what lots-and-lots-and-lots of plants to be welcomed home by!

    ReplyDelete